Please read this first: To apply for this position, please email us and request an application pack.
Duty manager & delivery rider (Full time)
Employer: Recharge Cargo
Contract: Full Time
Pay: Negotiable but minimum London Living Wage (£10.20/hour + holiday pay (£1.23/hour)
Closing Date: 14th Feb 2018
Recharge Cargo are looking to recruit a full-time duty manager and delivery rider to join our team in central London. We are looking for a friendly and hard-working individual with a passion for cycling and a high level of fitness and organisational skills.
Recharge Cargo is an innovative courier firm with strong social aims and objectives and the successful candidate will share our ethos, have a passion for cycling and will provide a vital role in the business. We move everything from small documents to large multiple consignments using a range of cargo bikes that can carry up to 250kg. We deliver all over central London, as well as to other outer boroughs, offering a zero-emissions solution to our customers’ logistical needs.
Recharge Cargo is a Living Wage Employer.
The purpose of the role is to;
• Provide support to the Area Manager.
• Organise all operational aspects on a day-to-day basis.
• Ride as a courier as part of the central London delivery team
• Support the business development of our central London operation
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
• Act as a delivery rider as and when required (minimum 50% of time).
• Assist and direct other delivery riders in organising routes and communicate with them as necessary.
• Ensure all staff adhere to H&S guidelines.
• Monitor both daily and future issues regarding staffing levels, so that we always have the required number of couriers and communicate this with the Area Manager.
• Assist in creating the rota (weekly) of the rider’s working times and routes.
• Log all bookings so that invoicing can be done at the end of the month.
• Organise the day-to-day running of the operation, acting as the interface between customers and riders.
• Answer telephone calls and deal with emails; meet new customers; field enquiries and deal with complaints in a professional manner.
• Perform a daily visual check on the bikes and keep clean, tidy and in working order (training can be provided).
• Organise maintenance schedule for Head Mechanic to follow and ensure that all maintenance is being recorded clearly.
• Keep an up to date itinerary of spare parts for all bikes and request spares be ordered in good time.
• Ensure all issues with trikes and bikes are addressed early and reported to the Manager if necessary.
Sales & Marketing
• Support the Area Manager in hitting the quarterly sales objectives, to ensure consistent growth.
• Ensure that all social media channels are being kept up to date, such as Twitter & Facebook.
• Be a key point of contact for questions and orders.
• Interact with customers in a polite and appropriate manner.
• Engage with customers who have not been using Recharge recently.
• Work with the Area Manger to develop customer relationships and opportunities (advertising).
This position will report to the Manager of Recharge Cargo
Skills, knowledge, experience and personal qualities required:
• An ability to work within a team and foster positive attitudes.
• Someone that can follow instructions with a level of independence.
• Friendly and personable with customers.
• Ability to remain calm whilst delegating tasks to couriers.
• Excellent organisation skills.
• Bike maintenance skills.
• Must be able to meet the physical demands of the position.
The highest ethical standards are required at all times. All dealings and disclosures with customers, riders and others must be consistent, open and trustworthy. Lastly, an enthusiasm for bikes!
• Good knowledge of central London, the cycle routes and main business areas.
• Current first aid certificate.
• Basic bike maintenance knowledge.
Hours of work
The hours are flexible but for a minimum of 37.5 hours/week. The business operates between 07:00 and 17:00 with most days starting at 07:00. Working shifts will fall within these times.
You will need to be physically fit as the job includes:
• Heavy lifting
• Cycling long distances
• Managing multiple flights of stairs
• Being able to read addresses
• Be able to communicate effectively over a phone (speaking & hearing)